Have you heard of the art vs. artist challenge but didn’t know what it was all about? Don’t worry! I’ll share more about what this trending art meme is and how it started.
Then, you can grab my artist vs. art template below to create your own art style meme.
Let’s dive in and find out more about this art meme and why it’s so popular.
What is the Art vs. Artist Meme?
This meme started as a way for people to share their art on social media. But it also provided a sneak peek into who the artist behind the art is.
This meme is made up of nine images, with eight featuring a mini portfolio of original artwork. They’re arranged around a photo of the artist in the center.
This art meme took off, with more and more people taking part. And one of the reasons is the personal nature of the artist surrounded by their favorite piece of artwork.
Often, when you see art on social media, you don’t know anything about the artist. And that’s why this art challenge has stood out and continues to be shared frequently.
The art vs artist meme gives people a chance to show their faces. And it turns out that people on social media like to see who’s behind the art. So, these posts get a lot of interaction and likes, and they can even go viral.
You’ll find these posts trending with the # Art Vs. Artist hashtag, which has more than 800,000 posts.
It also shows that anyone can be an artist. No matter where you come from or what you look like, anyone can be an artist. It’s inspiring to see artists from underrepresented communities leading the way. Because art should be inclusive and accessible to everyone.
You also get the juxtaposition between the art and the artist. From looking at the art, you can’t always get an idea of who the artist is. So, seeing the art and artist together can be surprising sometimes!
When did the Art vs Artist Challenge Start?
One of the first places this fun Artist Hashtag Challenge popped up was way back in 2016. Twitter character artists @LaLadybugTV kickstarted this trend by sharing their manga art.
No one knows the original poster of the art vs artist challenge. But this is the first known example, and it soon took off from there. Many people began posting it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms.
It continues to pop up even now, so why not get involved too? I’ll share my tips on creating your own art vs artist meme below.
First of all, this art challenge is a lot of fun. It’s a new way to share your artwork and mix up your social media content. But, you also get the chance to shine, and your followers can get to know you more.
Personal posts tend to do well on social media. That’s because people like to feel a connection with the creators they follow.
It’s also quick and simple to create. With my template, you just need to drop your images into place. It takes minutes, and then it’s ready to share wherever you like on social media.
Plus, it’s interactive and helps to connect you with the artist community. You might get some new followers, but it’s worth browsing through the hashtag from time to time. That way, you can find inspiring new artists you want to follow, too.
You can even get creative and put your unique spin on this art challenge if you like!
Art vs Artist Template
You can easily create your art vs artist meme using this template. It’s quick and easy to use. All you need other than the template is eight photos of your original artwork and one photo of yourself.
How to Use the Art vs Artist Meme Template
You can create your own get-to-know artist meme using free graphics software. Canva is one of the most well-known free options, and it’s very easy to get started.
- 8 photos of your artwork
- 1 photo of yourself
Try to choose your best artworks to show the world. And think about how you arrange them, so they look as visually appealing as possible!
Download Art Vs Artist template
Check out the tutorial below for more tips on using Canva for beginners:
- What is Negative Space Art?
- 60 Fun & Creative Things to Draw When You’re Bored
- iMovie vs Final Cut Pro
- How to Make Minimalist Art?
- Adobe Illustrator vs Photoshop
- How to Create NFT Art? A Step-by-Step Beginner’s Guide
- 50 Drawing Ideas for Beginners
- What is the Art vs. Artist Challenge?
- 10 Top Instagram Tips for Artists
- How to Become an Illustrator Without a Degree
More related articles
- How to Start Your Own Graphic Design Business
- How to Photograph Your Artwork
- How to Color With Colored Pencils
- How to Become an Animator: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Do Digital Art: The Complete Guide for Beginners
- How to Make Art Prints At Home – Simple Tips
- 38 Creative Hobbies for Adults: The Complete Guide
- How to Find & Develop Your Unique Art Style – 9 Easy & Simple Steps
- How to Get Better at Drawing – 5 Simple Tips for Beginners
- Best Art Challenge Ideas
- How to Start an Art Blog or a Vlog and Get Noticed
- How to Become an Artist Without Going to Art School
- How to Make Money as a Digital Artist Online
- How To Create The Perfect Portfolio To Show Your Creative Work
- How To Find The Best Photography Jobs
- 10 Top Photography Composition Rules That Will Improve Your Photos
The Wrap Up
Now, you know all about the art vs artist meme, from how it started to why it’s popular. And you’re all set to create your own artist meme too. All you need to do is grab the template above and use it in your preferred apps, such as Canva or Photoshop.
So, will you create your own version? Let me know in the comments!
And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for all the latest creative trends and tips!