Dogs are man’s best friend – they’re loyal companions, and they’re a great subject to draw. To help you find your drawing inspiration, I’m releasing a new drawing tutorial every month for one year, and this time, you can learn how to draw a dog step by step.
While there is a wide range of dog breeds, once you know how to draw a realistic dog, you can adapt this to any kind of dog. I’ll show you how to draw a cute dog, from creating the right shape and shading to how to draw a dog head and how to draw a dog face.
The only equipment you’ll need for this tutorial are:
- Medium and soft pencil 4B & 7B
- Kneaded eraser
- Blending tool
Once you’ve had a go, you’ll see how easy to draw a dog it is!
2. The first steps
3. Start with basic shapes and forms
4. At first, keep your sketches very light
5. Start drawing the line structure
6. Start applying shaded shadows according to the dog’s structure
7. Use the 7B pen to apply shading
8. Use the blending tool to stamp hatches
9. Add some fur details with pencil B4
10. The final result
I’d love to hear what you think about this post in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!