Drawing eyes can be a challenge because of the proportions and shapes of the eye are so unique. With this easy tutorial, I’m going to show you how to draw a realistic female eye using a relatively simple step by step instructions.
The most important takeaway from today’s tutorial is that everyone has a unique art and drawing style. Your drawing should not necessarily look like mine, and vice versa.
Ready to learn how to draw an eye. Let’s get started!
- Sketch the outline of the eye with a soft pencil
- Draw the outline of the iris and pupil
- Define the circle of the pupil and the iris
- Give some volume to the iris
- Draw the outline of the eye
- Add the upper and lower lash line
- Accentuate the drawing by increasing the pencil pressure
- The last step is to give a graduated tone to the surrounding area of the eye
The equipment you’ll need for this tutorial are:
1. Sketch the outline of the eye with a soft pencil
2. Draw the outline of the iris and pupil.
3. Define the circle of the pupil and the iris
4. Give some volume to the iris
5. Draw the outline of the eye
6. Add the upper and lower lash line
7. Accentuate the drawing by increasing the pencil pressure
8. The last step is to give a graduated tone to the surrounding area of the eye
Check my recommendations below for the best-colored pencils and artist tools.
For more tutorials, check out the list of the monthly drawing challenge here: How to Draw Tutorials.
- Discover How To Draw A Rose – Step By Step Easy Drawing Tutorial
- How To Draw A Dog: Easy Step By Step Video Tutorial
- Top 10 Art Sets And Tools For Creatives
- 20 Creative Gifts For Artists And Graphic Designers
- 8 Best Books For Learning How To Draw Now
The best for colored pencil art
The best pen for high precision drawings & sketches
The best for sketching, line art & lettering
The best pencil for sketching and drawing
The best paper for sketching and drawing
I’d love to hear what you think about this post in the comment section below!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, Proactive Creative may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.