Tablets are powerful, little practical gadgets that are more portable than a laptop. But the downside with a lot of tablets is that they don’t have a USB port. And that means you can’t connect it with your USB devices or hook up a keyboard.
But if you were wondering if tablets have USB ports, the answer is yes! There are some great tablets out there with USB ports. This handy feature allows you to connect with any device and easily transfer files.
When you combine a tablet with a USB port and a keyboard, you have a great, portable setup. You can get work done on the go, wherever you are. In this way, a tablet can rival a laptop but with even more flexibility and versatility.
But not all tablets have USB ports, so you need to know where to look. In the quest for thinner, sleeker tablets, many brands have dropped the full-size USB port.
That’s why I’ve researched and found the best Android tablets with USB ports, especially for you! Read on for reviews of the top tablets with external hard drive support and a detailed buying guide.
The Best Android Tablets with USB Ports: Reviews
Top 3 Android Tablets with USB Port: Quick Comparison
As you can see from this article, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S series comes out on top. Both the Galaxy Tab S6 and S7+ are in the top three Android tablets with USB ports. And that’s for a good reason.
These tablets are powerful and sleek, with gorgeous screens. They’re user-friendly and excellent for entertainment and precise work like graphic design.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ is the best overall Android tablet. It’s also the best Android tablet compared to the iPad Pro and can give it a run for its money. If you want a large tablet with a clear AMOLED screen, this is the one for you. It’s one of the best tablets with full-size USB ports around.
But if you’re all about portability and versatility, you might prefer the Galaxy Tab S6. While it has a smaller screen, you don’t lose any of the image quality. It still packs plenty of power and performance but in a more compact and lightweight size. So, you can take it anywhere and work on the go.
Finally, don’t worry if you’re on a budget. The Lenovo Tab M10 Plus is an excellent option if you’re watching your spending. It’s lightweight, practical, and a great choice for all the family.
|Product Name||Best Large Android Tablet with USB Port – Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+||Best Compact Android Tablet with USB Port – Samsung Galaxy Tab S6||Best Budget Tablet with USB Port – Lenovo Tab M10 Plus|
|Screen Size||12.4 inches||10.4 inches||10.3 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1600 pixels||2560 x 1600 pixels||1920 x 1200 pixels|
|Dimensions & Weight||11.22 x 7.28 x 0.22 inches, 1.3 lbs||6.27 x 9.62 x 0.22 inches, 0.92 lbs||9.61 x 6.04 x 0.32 inches, 1.01 lbs|
|Processor||Snapdragon 865+ Octa Core (3.09GHz + 2.4GHz + 1.8GHz)||Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 8150 (1×2.8GHz, 3×2.4GHz, 4×1.7GHz)||Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)|
|OS||Android 10, upgradeable to Android 11||Android 9||Android 9|
Best Large Android Tablet with USB Port
(Image credit: Samsung)
First of all, we have one of the largest and most expensive Android tablets on the market. It’s also the best on this list for its combination of performance, a fantastic display, and of course, the USB slot.
If you’re looking for an Android tablet to rival an iPad Pro, this one fits the bill. It’s Samsung’s flagship offering and has the specs and features to prove it. The Galaxy Tab S7+ is a gorgeous, sturdy tablet that feels durable and hardwearing. But it’s also sleek and attractive, with slim bezels.
It has that gorgeous 12.4-inch screen that sets it apart from the smaller tablets on this list. That makes it perfect for watching videos or intricate graphic design or illustration. This tablet is suitable both for creative professionals and everyday users.
As for USB slots, the S7+ has a full-size USB-C port. That’s compatible with most devices and allows for fast charging and file transfer.
Let’s take a closer look at that screen. It’s vivid and bright, just like you’d expect from an AMOLED display. Visuals look amazing and smooth on this screen, with its wide color gamut and fast 120 Hz refresh rate. So, it’s also ideal for gaming or even video editing.
It’s powered by the Snapdragon 865+ processor, which is fast and sturdy. It can handle heavy apps and multitasking without any issues. So, you won’t need to worry about lags or crashes.
The Galaxy Tab S7+ size is a huge bonus, but it can also be a drawback. It is a little bulky and heavy, so it’s not the best tablet to carry around all the time. In that case, check out some of the more compact tablets that have USB ports.
Another minor downside is that it doesn’t have the best battery life. But these disadvantages are outweighed by all the superb features the Galaxy Tab S7+ has to offer. For example, this model comes with a redesigned S Pen. So you can draw and write straight onto the screen, making it perfect for creative work or note-taking.
And if you add in the keyboard, it doubles up as a mini-laptop. It has all the functionality and almost as much power. That makes it extremely versatile and practical!
If you’re looking for the best Android tablet with a USB-C port, go for the Galaxy Tab S7+. You won’t regret investing in this outstanding tablet.
- Screen Size: 12.4 inch
- Resolution: 2560 x 1600 pixels
- Dimensions & Weight
- Processor: Octa Core (3.09GHz + 2.4GHz + 1.8GHz)
- OS: Android 10, upgradeable to Android 11
- The best large Android tablet with a USB-C port
- It has a fantastic AMOLED screen with bright colors and a high resolution
- It can rival an iPad Pro or even a laptop if you buy the keyboard
- It has a fast 120 Hz refresh rate and comes with the S Pen stylus
- The battery life isn’t the best, and it’s quite bulky
Check price onAmazon
Best Compact Android Tablet with USB Port
(Image credit: Samsung)
Next up is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. While it’s smaller than the S7+ at 10.4 inches, it’s still worth your consideration. That could even be a bonus if you’re looking for a lightweight, portable tablet.
The Galaxy Tab S6 hit the market in August 2019, so it’s by no means old or outdated. There’s a lot to say for this tablet, so let’s dive into its features and see whether it’s right for you.
This tablet has the same vibrant AMOLED screen you’ll find on Samsung smartphones. It even beats the more recent Galaxy Tab S7, which only has the inferior LCD screen.
In contrast, this S6 model provides an excellent viewing experience. It has fantastic contrast, wide viewing angles, and images look bright and true-to-life. The speakers are also superb, and it has one USB-C port for connecting to your devices. Plus, you can expand the storage up to 1 TB, thanks to the microSD card slot.
Where it differs from the S7+ is that it only has the slower 60 Hz refresh rate. But unless you’re into gaming or detailed design work, you might not even notice the difference.
The Galaxy Tab S6 feels durable and high-quality and has a longer battery life than the S7+. That comes in handy when you’re out and about, as you won’t need to worry about charging it.
It’s hard to find any major downsides to this laptop. One thing to note is that the camera isn’t the most powerful at 13 MP. This tablet can also heat up if you use it while it’s charging – but that shouldn’t be a deal-breaker.
The octa-core processor provides smooth, reliable performance. The Galaxy Tab S6 is also compatible with the S Pen. So, you can use apps like Photoshop for digital art or photo editing. Samsung Notes also works seamlessly to take notes (and is better than many other apps out there).
A bonus is that it’s cheaper than the S7+ as it’s been on the market for long! It provides outstanding value for money and won’t disappoint you.
- Screen Size: 10.4 inches
- Resolution: 2560 x 1600 pixels
- Dimensions & Weight: 6.27 x 9.62 x 0.22 inches, 0.92 lbs
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 8150 (1×2.8GHz, 3×2.4GHz, 4×1.7GHz)
- OS: Android 9
- A lightweight, compact tablet for portability
- You still get a gorgeous 10.4-inch AMOLED screen
- Super-long battery life and smooth, reliable performance
- It has a powerful octa-core processor and a decent amount of storage
- The camera isn’t amazing
- It can heat up when charging
Check price onAmazon
Best Windows Tablet with USB Port
(Image credit: Asus)
The Asus Transformer Mini is an excellent mid-range tablet with multiple USB ports. Thanks to its 2-in-1 design, it doubles up as both a tablet and laptop.
It has a great 10.1-inch screen and is suitable for most everyday uses. With the included keyboard, this tablet transforms into a mini laptop. (Hence the name!) So, it’s versatile and provides excellent value for money.
When it comes to the ports, this is where the Transformer Mini shines. It has a USB 3.0 port as well as a MicroUSB 2.0 port. That makes it one of the best Windows tablets with USB ports.
Plus, it also has microSD and micro HDMI ports, covering almost all the possibilities. The only thing it’s missing is the latest USB-C port, so you may need an adaptor.
It’s worth mentioning that this mid-range tablet can’t compete with the high-end models. It has a lower resolution, and the camera only has 2MP. Another consideration is that the processor is a little underpowered. So, you could experience some lags.
But you still get a fantastic user experience with the Transformer Mini. It has a super-long battery life, lasting up to 12 hours.
You can use it in tablet, stand, or laptop mode. So, you can choose the best position and make this tablet work for you. It’s customizable and easy to get a good angle, thanks to the adjustable hinge design.
Plus, it even comes with a digital pen and stylus included. So, you don’t need to spend any more money and get even more bang for your buck.
So if you’re looking for a tablet with a USB 3.0 port, go for the Transformer Mini. Not only is it very affordable, but it does the job of both a laptop and a tablet.
- Screen Size: 10.1 inches
- Resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
- Dimensions & Weight: 10.19 x 6.69 x 0.32 inches, 1.17 lbs
- Processor: Intel Atom Quad-Core x5-Z8350 Processor
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Excellent laptop/tablet keyboard with USB ports
- It has a great, colorful screen (although the bezels are quite large
- It comes with a digital stylus and keyboard, making it more versatile
- You can choose the screen angle depending on how you’re using it
- It has a very long battery life
- The screen resolution is a little low, and it’s not as powerful as some tablets
Check price onAmazon
Best Budget Android Tablet with USB Ports
(Image credit: Lenovo)
If you’re on a tight budget but need a tablet with a USB port, check out the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus. It’s a great little tablet at a very low cost.
This tablet has a nice 10.3-inch screen with a decent resolution for this size. With 1920 x 1200 pixels, videos and movies will look crisp and vivid.
It’s sleek and slim, with a metal back cover and thin bezels that maximize the screen size. It also has an octa-core processor, which keeps it running smoothly.
The M10 Plus only comes with 2 or 4 GB of RAM, though. So, it’s not kitted out for handling demanding programs or multitasking with lots of apps at once. But for light use like surfing or streaming, it’s excellent.
The Lenovo Tab M10 Plus also makes a great first tablet for a child. If you’re looking for a tablet for your children, you’ll love the Kids Mode. It helps keep your child safe online through eye protection and enhanced parental controls.
You don’t need to blow your savings to get a good tablet with USB ports. The Tab M10 Plus shows this, as it has a USB 2.0 port and a microSD slot. So, you can expand the storage up to 256 GB, making this tablet even more attractive.
For this price, the Lenovo Tab M10+ is an excellent budget option. You get good value for money, and it’s a fantastic choice for families with younger children. It’s user-friendly and looks outstanding, with a nice, sharp display.
- Screen Size: 10.3 inches
- Resolution: 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Dimensions & Weight: 9.61 x 6.04 x 0.32 inches, 1.01 lbs
- Processor: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- OS: Android 9
- A great budget tablet with USB port 2.0
- This tablet looks fantastic with a large screen, great resolution, and tiny bezels
- It’s perfect for entertainment or browsing the internet
- Good for children – it comes with a safe Kids Mode
- It doesn’t have a USB 3.0 or USB-C port
Check price onAmazon
Tablet with USB Ports Buying Guide
When you’re buying a new tablet, one of the first things you should look at is the display. It’s a key feature and will affect your experience, no matter how you’re using the tablet.
Some questions to ask include:
- Does it have a high resolution? The higher the resolution, the crisper and sharper the image will be.
- Does it have wide viewing angles?
- How bright is the screen? This factor is measured in nits (read more about that here). Do you want a bright screen for graphic design, digital art, or watching videos?
- Are the colors vivid and true to life? Ideally, go for a tablet with a wide color gamut.
- How fast does the screen refresh? 60 Hz is a standard speed, but some tablets have a faster 120 Hz refresh rate.
If you’re looking for a tablet with USB ports, make sure to check out how many ports it has. You should also find out which USB ports it has, as not all devices are compatible with all ports.
By doing this first, you can rule out any tablets that aren’t suitable for your needs. So, you won’t get annoyed when you’re ready to buy and then find out that it won’t work for you.
The processor (or CPU) powers the tablet, allowing it to run apps and function smoothly. It’s worth spending a little more on a robust processor, as that will provide you with a better experience. You won’t have to deal with lags, delays, and crashes.
The more cores the processor has, the better. You’ll be able to run intensive programs and multitask without it slowing down too much. For example, a powerful CPU is crucial if you want to run heavy apps like Adobe Photoshop.
Another essential factor is the RAM (random-access memory). The more RAM a tablet has, the faster it can access data, files, and programs. So, that will reduce any lag time and make everything run more smoothly. I would recommend going for at least 4 GB RAM for a tablet.
Will you need a lot of storage space on your tablet? Think about how you’ll use your tablet to help you decide. Some models come with as little as 32 GB, which can fill up before you know it. That gets frustrating, as you’ll have to choose between apps or move files to cloud storage.
I always recommend going for as much storage as you can afford. But you can also check whether the tablet has a microSD card slot, allowing you to expand the storage.
- The 5 Best Tablets with Keyboard
- The 5 Best Slide Phone with Keyboard
- The Best Tablets for Illustrator
- Best Drawing Tablet for Animation
- Best iPad for Photo Editing
- Top 7 Small Tablets for Creatives
- XP-Pen Vs Huion Drawing Tablets
- Best 2-in-1 Laptops with Stylus Pen for Creatives
- 6 Best Cheap Drawing Tablets with Screen
- Best Tablets for Artists
- Best Budget Drawing Tablets
- Best Tablet for Lightroom & Photo Editing
More related articles
- The Best iPads for Drawing
- The 5 Best iPhone Alternatives
- The Best Tablets with USB Port
- Best Digital Notepads & Smart Notebooks
- The Best iPad for Procreate
- Best Bluetooth Keyboards for Tablets
- The Best 2 in 1 Chromebooks
- The Best Large Android Tablets
- The 5 Best Drawing Tablets for Beginners
- The Best Huion Tablets for Designers & Artists
- 10 Best Drawing Tablets for Artists & Designers
- The Best 10 Tablets with Stylus (Pen)
- 15 Best Tablets for Photoshop & Photo Editing
- Huion vs Wacom – KAMVAS Pro 16 vs Wacom Cintiq 16
- Best 5 Tablets for OSU
- Best Android Tablets for Drawing
- The 11 Best Tablets for Drawing and Note Taking
- Top Alternatives to Wacom Cintiq Drawing Tablet
- 10 Best Drawing Tablets with Screen
- 7 Best Chromebooks for Artists
- The Best Standalone Tablets for Graphic Designers and Artists
The Wrap Up
A tablet with a USB port is a handy gadget to have around. You won’t need to worry about how to transfer files or connect your devices.
I chose these tablets as each one is powerful and versatile with full-size USB ports. So, take your pick and let me know which one you go for in the comments!
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more reviews, guides, and helpful resources!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, Proactive Creative may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.